This form allows you to tell us about changes in your circumstances or the circumstances of other people living in your household.
You must let us know immediately if your circumstances or the circumstances of the persons living in your household change. The law says that you have to tell us about changes, otherwise you could be overpaid or underpaid benefit. If you are underpaid, you might lose entitlement to this extra money. If you are overpaid you will be expected to repay the money and could be prosecuted for benefit fraud.
Examples of changes to notify us of include:
- Children joining or leaving your household, or children leaving school or education
- People moving in and out of your household
- Changes in the benefits or tax credits you receive
- Changes to your savings or monies held
- Changes to the amount of rent you are charged
- A partner joining or leaving your household
- Changes at work such as working over-time, getting a new or additional job, leaving or starting work
This is not a full list so please ask us for advice if you are not sure about what changes you need to report. You must always tell us in writing about a change or by using this electronic form. Contacting us by telephone or expecting someone else to tell us about a change is not enough.
Information and Evidence
When your circumstances change, we often need to ask you for additional information such as documents, letters or certificates. If we need additional information we will write to you or telephone you.
SMS text messaging
We are able to use SMS (Short Message Service) text messaging to send you information about your claim. If you are happy for us to contact you by SMS text message remember to give us your mobile phone number and tick the box to say we can contact you by SMS message.