Skip to content

Take part in our Community Safety Survey. We would really like to hear your views. It is open until 31st January 2020.

If the deceased does not have any relatives, how does The Council decide whether a cremation or burial should take place?

Generally speaking, a cremation will be arranged, unless we find evidence that this is contrary to the wishes of the deceased person for personal or religious beliefs.

Related Pages (2)

  • Public health

    This page is about public health, including: blocked sewers and drains, welfare funerals, filthy and verminous premises, and ill health.

  • Cemetery Forms

    This page provides the forms associated with both Oadby Cemetery and Wigston Cemetery.

Back to top