Skip to Content

I cannot afford to pay the difference between my housing benefit and my rent?

In certain circumstances the Council may be able to award you a Discretionary Housing Payment allowance of part, or all, of the shortfall between your housing benefit and your rent. The allowance is not a permanent award but is paid for a short period to help those with financial difficulties that temporarily affect their ability to pay their rent for example they need time look for more affordable accommodation or they have been unable to work due to illness.