Salary: Up to £33,820
This is a Permanent Full Time position
Due to a recent change to the structure of our Planning Section, Oadby and Wigston Borough Council is looking to recruit a full time Planning Enforcement Officer to join our dynamic Development Control Team on a permanent contract.
This role allows for a split of home and office based working with regular attendance at the office not essential within the Council’s new agile working framework. There will be a need to carry out site visits within the Borough.
The main focus of this important role is to investigate planning related enforcement issues associated with built development and the natural environment.
The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of planning and enforcement matters, procedures, good practice and legislation as well as experience of working effectively with members of the public and providing a high quality of customer service.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with persons at all levels and to deal with contentious matters
- Excellent written skills, effective organisation skills and good attention to detail
- Excellent IT Skills - Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Uniform, databases and using the internet
· Good problem-solving skills
· The ability to work well under pressure
· The ability to work as part of a team and work on own initiative with minimum supervision
· A flexible attitude and a genuine desire to help customers
· Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
What this role has to offer:
- A proactive and close knit Planning team
- A focused training programme
- Great job satisfaction
- To be part of a positive and collaborative workplace with a strong culture that recognises employees are at the heart of what we do
- Ongoing committed support to your personal development
- Generous holiday entitlement
To apply for this role you must complete our online application form https://myaccount.oadby-wigston.gov.uk/service/OWBC_Job_Application_Form (CVS will not be accepted)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Midday, Monday 30th January 2023
Closing date: Monday, 30 January 2023