Salary: £32,234 to £36,922 (includes 2 market Supplements)
This is a Permanent Full Time position
Oadby & Wigston Borough Council are currently looking to recruit a Senior Environmental Health Officer to come and join our Environmental Health Team.
This challenging and stimulating team deals with a wide range of functions including food safety, health & safety, enviro-crime, noise, environmental protection and public health work.
The Service aims to protect public health through the enforcement of relevant laws, by supporting businesses in our area to achieve good standards of legal compliance and best practice.
The post holder will be primarily focussed and lead on food safety work as we move out of the pandemic into the recovery phase, by picking up the priority and high risk work which has been suspended for the last year, programmed work for the current year, while also working with the many recently formed new food businesses.
The ideal candidate will have
• An Environmental Health Degree/Diploma
• A valid EHRB Registration.
• Prior experience as an Environmental Health Officer (Ideally with two years’ recent experience in food hygiene enforcement).
• Experience of collating prosecution files and carrying out interviews under caution
What we can offer you
• Attractive terms and conditions of employment,
• Generous annual leave entitlement that grows with your length of service
• Flexible working hours
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Out of town offices with free car parking
• Agile working
• Shutdown over Christmas period without using holiday allowance
• Plus more
Please note we would be interested in hearing from candidates that are looking for full time, part time applicants willing to job share.
We have the right to close this role early or extend for longer, please do not delay getting your application over to us so you don’t miss the opportunity
Please send a copy of your CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also complete our equalities monitoring questionnaire. Please note that this information is for monitoring purposes only and will not form part of your application. All information is treated in the strictest of confidence.
If you have not heard from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume on this occasion your application has not been successful. Feedback will not be provided at this stage of the recruitment process
Closing date: Monday, 31 January 2022