Skip to content

Due to essential maintenance works, public access to planning and building control will not be available on Sunday 28 May (15:00 - midnight).

Update on our refuse and recycling consultation

LET’S TALK ABOUT RUBBISH - Thank you for your thoughts!

Oadby and Wigston Borough Council is having to review the way it collects waste and we ran an extensive consultation to help us better understand the needs and thoughts of residents in this important area. The consultation was delivered from 16 February to 12 March 2017 and featured on our website and in the last edition of Letterbox.

We received a total of 2,399 responses to our waste survey.

66% of the responses were received online, with the remaining 34% coming through either Letterbox or paper copies that were available at our Customer Contact Centre in Bell Street, Wigston or Brocks Hill County Park & Centre in Oadby.

This initial consultation has been successful in terms of the numbers of respondents - with a large number of residents providing detailed comments about possible changes to the future of our waste collection services. We would like to say a big thank you to everybody who took the time to complete the waste survey. We are now in the process of analysing the results received and going through the individual comments that were left.

The full survey results and a further consultation based on the analysis undertaken will be available in the next few months.

Share this page:

Back to top