Oadby & Wigston Borough Council are continuing to collect your refuse and recycling on a weekly basis. We are proud to be the only council in Leicestershire which has maintained a weekly service for its residents.
As part of the protection of this valued weekly service, all households will be issued with a 140 litre standard black wheeled bin by the end of May 2019.
You do not need to do anything to get your standard wheelie bin.
About your new bin:
- You can start using your wheeled bin from the beginning of June 2019.
- Your new standard bin will have a greater capacity - the old three black bag allowance was equivalent to 120 litres, so the new bin has 20 litres of extra capacity.
- If you think a standard 140 litre bin will not meet your needs please contact the Customer Service Team on 0116 288 8961 or call into our Customer Service Centre on Bell Street, Wigston who will be able to assess your needs.
- If you currently have an assisted collection because you cannot move your refuse to the edge of your property this will continue.
- If you no longer need an assisted collection, please let us know by contacting our Customer Service Team. Our assisted collections will be reviewed in the next 12 months.
- If you want to you can put your property number on the bin (the Council does not supply numbers).
In May 2019 every household will receive a letter confirming your collection days for refuse and recycling. Garden Waste Service subscribers will be contacted separately.
In the meantime, if you wish to check your collections dates you can do this online at www.oadby-wigston.gov.uk and typing your postcode into the ‘My Location’ tab.
Please note - we will not be issuing the usual refuse and recycling calendar this year.
We value your efforts in making our Borough a clean and green place to live. We can all do our bit to reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfill, for useful tips on how you can recycle more please visit our website: www.oadby-wigston.gov.uk/greener_together