A new awards contest has been launched to honour Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland’s community heroes.
Leicestershire Police and Crime Commissioner Lord Willy Bach has launched the Safer Community Celebration 2020 event, recognising the outstanding contribution of individuals and groups who have helped improve safety and protect vulnerable people.
Leicestershire is home to a fantastic array of positive and inspiring community organisations, youth leaders, faith groups, wellbeing champions and many, many more and we are inviting you to nominate an individual or group which has benefitted your community and met the PCC’s key safety ambitions.
Nominees can be volunteers, members of the public or those who work in a professional capacity and anyone can nominate including public sector workers, representatives from charity, voluntary or statutory organisations as well as local residents.
Nominations are sought in the following categories:
- Viable Partnerships - An individual or group who has actively collaborated with others to build strong relationships, improve engagement and respond to shared areas of work within communities.
- Visible Policing - An individual or group who has worked to protect people from harm and enhance public confidence.
- Victim Services - An individual or group who has worked to ensure that victims and witnesses of crime are supported.
- Vulnerability Protection - An individual or group who has supported those whose circumstances mean they are unable to protect themselves from harm. Or someone who has worked to identify and raise awareness of the causes of vulnerability.
- Value for Money - An individual or group who has provided effective, economic and efficient services to the Police and Crime Commissioner or their community, whilst ensuring that the social value from the provision of those services has also been maximised.
- Special Recognition – An individual or group who have gone over and above their duties and made an exceptional contribution to the delivery of the Police & Crime Plan.
Willy Bach said: “This is an opportunity to shine a spotlight on all the fantastic work that takes place across Leicestershire to improve community life and protect vulnerable people.
“Time is the most precious gift of all and many of our unsung heroes give their time freely and without reward to make a difference. Without their support, my work would not have the impact needed to make a lasting difference to people’s lives.
“This event marks the end of an era for me. It is perfectly fitting that I should honour and show my appreciation to those individuals and organisations which have been pivotal to my success over the last four years during this wonderful, memorable event.”
Nominees will be shortlised by a judging panel in November.