The Oadby Tip run by Leicestershire County Council will recommence operation on Monday 18 May from 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
A booking system will be in place and social distancing will have to be adhered to. There will also be a traffic management system in place.
Please go to the Leicestershire County Council website https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/ for further details. We will update the website regularly with further information as it becomes available.
The Leicestershire County Council website also has a useful FAQs page for re-opening waste sites: https://www.leicestershire.gov.uk/environment-and-planning/waste-and-recycling/re-opening-waste-sites-faqs
- Recycling centres are only open for waste that you can’t store safely at home without causing a risk of injury, health or harm. No other reason for the journey would be considered a legitimate purpose.
- Please continue to use kerbside waste and recycling services and hang on to any items you would normally take to recycling centres for a few more weeks. Or if there’s still some life left in them, why not try selling online or compost garden waste at home.
- Please avoid bringing excessive amounts of waste so we can get people in and out as quickly as possible to help reduce queue times.
- Be prepared to queue – fewer vehicles than usual will be allowed on-site at any one time to allow for social distancing.
- Stay in your vehicle while queuing to aid with social distancing. Please do not leave your vehicle until it is necessary to get out.
- Stay safe – wear protective gloves, appropriate footwear and clothing and only bring what you can safely handle as staff will not be able to help you carry your waste as they normally would.
- Keep your distance – please stay at least two metres away from staff and other users.
- Please do not visit if you have coronavirus symptoms in the last 14 days, are self-isolating or at high risk of contracting the virus.
- Remember to wash your hands when you get home.