As we begin opening up our Town Centres in the Borough from Monday 15 June, we want to ensure that we are helping to create a safe environment in our high streets to welcome our communities back.
In preparation, the Council has been working hard to help with messaging and signposting. We have used stencil graphics where pavements are wide enough to indicate social distancing of 2-metres. You will also see signage in our three town centres to help visitors and businesses adhere to social distancing guidance, particularly around queueing.
Oadby & Wigston Borough Council will also have Officers and Volunteers working in the Town Centres as Town Ambassadors, who will help with ensuring government guidelines are adhered to and also helping signposting residents.
Some helpful tips when coming back:-
• Plan what you need to buy before visiting the town centre
• Walk or cycle where possible to avoid large build-ups in car parks
• If you are driving, please park considerately
• Make use of our hand sanitising stations
• Keep 2m apart from other shoppers
• Don’t be afraid to ask for help from our Ambassadors
• Follow floor markings, one-way systems and Ambassadors' instructions
• Be patient and aware of potential queues
• Please don’t shop in large groups
• Pay contactless – avoid using cash
• Bring your own shopping bags
We will be actively using our social media to give updates on any changes, give tips on how you can remain safe in the Town Centres and other useful information. So be sure to check these out on a regular basis.
The Council is committed to work with partners, stakeholders, businesses and our communities to support them in moving forward to help create a strong future for them, and we encourage residents to Think Local, Stay Local, Buy Local.