Travel - what you can and can't do
We have been made aware that the guidance will change very shortly on gov.uk advising people in the protected area that all but essential travel is being removed so people will be able to travel in the same way as those outside the protected area with immediate effect.
Staying Away from Home
The regulations preventing people from staying away from home overnight won't be changed until Monday, as part of the broader changes to regulations, so people in the Borough are not permitted to stay away from home over this coming weekend.
What will be open on 3rd August
- Pubs, restaurants and cafes
- Hotels, bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday apartments and homes, cottages and bungalows, campsites, caravan parks and boarding houses
- Places of worship
- Libraries, social clubs, cinemas, theatres, museums,
- Funfairs, theme parks, amusement arcades, indoor attractions such as zoos, farms, wildlife centres.
- Leisure - outdoor playgrounds and gyms - PLEASE NOTE - we are working closely with Everyone Active to get an opening day for our Leisure facilities.
- At this stage our community centres remain closed until further assessments have been completed to see if social distancing can be maintained.
Many of the above are subject to individual and in some cases specific guidance to ensure safety for people in these settings.
What will NOT be opening following the PM's Press Conference on 31 July 2020
- Leisure settings - namely bowling, skating rinks
- All close contact services such as beauticians will not be allowed to resume
- Wedding receptions for up to 30 people are not permitted.
A review is expected in 2 weeks
We will be updating our social media platforms and website to inform residents and businesses on a regular basis and will be monitoring them over this weekend should any changes occur.
From 3rd August we will be following national social distancing guidelines, other than for clinically extremely vulnerable people who should continue shielding.
Below is a link which gives useful information regarding what can and can’t be done.