Published: Thursday, 10 September 2020
After the announcement by the Prime Minister yesterday (9th September) we wanted to give some further clarity around new measures. The overarching theme is that the public still must limit social contact "as much as possible" and limit social interactions.
- Hospitality venues, such as pubs, having to legally record people's details - and fines will be issued if they don't.
- Measures at the border will be stepped up to ensure quarantine rules are adhered to.
- From Monday, the government will introduce the "rule of six". This single measure replaces the existing bans on more than 30 meeting and the rule of only two households.
- There will be limited exemptions, such as houses larger than six or places of worship, gyms and restaurants.
- Work and school are unaffected, as is organised sport, weddings and funerals.
These new guidelines will be publicised on our website and social media platforms.