Published: Thursday, 22 October 2020
People across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland are being reminded to celebrate safely this Halloween to limit exposure and slow the spread of coronavirus.
Halloween is one of the most exciting times of year for young children as they’re taken door to door to enjoy trick or treating. But, with Covid-19 cases on the increase it’s important that we all find a safer way to celebrate this year.
There’s no need to cancel Halloween; in fact there are many fun things that you can do to enjoy Halloween as a family, but the usual trick or treat door knocking should be avoided because of the difficulties in maintaining social distancing and the risks of sharing food.
So what can you do to enjoy Halloween as a family?
- Carve or decorate pumpkins as a family to decorate your house
- Enjoy Halloween treasure hunt where children are given lists of Halloween-themed things to look for while they walk outdoors
- Hold a Halloween movie night with people you live with
- Go virtual and host an online Halloween costume party or contest with friends
- Organise a treasure hunt-style trick-or-treat search with your household members in or around your home
For anyone concerned about trick or treat visitors this Halloween, print off the “No Thanks” poster to display on your front door or window.