Published: Thursday, 21 January 2021
Event Name: Virtual Business Breakfast Meeting - Oadby & Wigston Borough Council
Time: 08:30 till 10:00
Location: Online webinar
This is a great webinar to gain a better understanding of some of the major themes affecting businesses at the moment: An update since exiting the EU, continued effects of the pandemic, supporting the town centre, local businesses and retailers plus more information on the latest initiatives available to businesses.
Who should attend?
- Oadby, Wigston and South Wigston businesses looking to find out more about business recovery support
- Independent retailers and town centre shops
- Businesses looking to connect and interact more closely with the Oadby and Wigston Council Economic Development Team
Why should you attend?
This is a chance for you as a business to gain updates on a range of resources and initiatives that Oadby and Wigston Borough Council are providing and promoting to support you as we continue during pandemic and what could happen post national lockdown.
We will be sharing some key information that will help you to support your business, as well as giving you the latest information on the EU Exit. These will be interactive sessions so you will have the chance to ask any burning questions you may have.
The agenda includes:
- Welcome & Introduction - Cllr John Boyce, Leader of Oadby and Wigston Borough Council. Local district Response to Coronavirus - Open Discussion
- Overview of the Economic Recovery Plan - Fiona Baker, Head of Economic Strategy & Engagement at the LLEP
- Latest Information on EU Exit - Merly Levington from Actif Ltd.
- Overview of the support that the Growth Hub can provide - Jon Egley, Growth Hub Manager at the LLEP
- National and Local Grant Programmes to support Businesses - Economic Regeneration Officers will provide information about the grants available to businesses.
This webinar is delivered by the Business Gateway Growth Hub and Oadby and Wigston Borough Council