Published: Monday, 23 May 2022
*Shared in partnership with Active Together
The Let's Get Moving Active Adventure Challenge is coming to a park near you from May 23 to June 5 2022!
- Eight parks across Leicestershire and Rutland are hosting the Let’s Get Moving Active Adventure challenge.
- The challenge looks to get Leicestershire and Rutland residents enjoying their local parks over the half term holiday and Jubilee weekend.
- Residents will go on a treasure hunt style walk around their local park to seek out letters to discover the magic word. This magic word can used be entered to the FREE prize draws.
- Prizes in our Grand Prize Draw and the Park Specific Prize Drawsprizes total over £1000!
- FitBit Charge 4, family tickets to a Riders Basketball league game, a pair of tickets to a Leicestershire County Cricket T20 match, an Activity Session Voucher for the Outdoor Pursuits Centre and a family ticket to watch the Tigers play are a selection of the prizes on offer.
- Challenge ran in partnership with our Local Authorities and Choose How You Move.
Get down to your local participating park to take part in the Let’s Get Moving Active Adventure starting on 23 May – 5 June. With the help of Active Together’s local authority partners, seven letters are hidden in each of the participating eight parks across Leicestershire & Rutland.
Our local participating park is:
- Blaby Road Park, Blaby Road, Wigston, LE18 4LB
Using cryptic clues and "what3words" locations, you will be directed around your local park until you’ve collected all seven letters. You’ll then need to unscramble the letters to reveal the magic word. You can then enter your guess online and be in with a chance of winning some fantastic prizes worth over £1000 in total!
In the Grand Prize Draw, correct entrants could win one of 35 individual prizes ranging from; a Fitbit Charge 4, family tickets to a Riders Basketball league game, a pair of tickets to a Leicestershire County Cricket T20 match, an Activity Session Voucher for the Outdoor Pursuits Centre and a family ticket to watch the Tigers play.
Correct entrants will also be entered into the park specific prize draw depending on which park they visited for the challenge. These prizes are locally based and can be found listed below!
The aim of Let’s Get Moving Active Adventure is to encourage Leicestershire and Rutland residents, with a particular focus on families, to get outside and enjoy their local parks over the half term holiday and the Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend. The walk should last around 15 minutes and all signs will be easily visible when following the clues and what3words locations.
How do I get involved once I arrive at the park?
STEP 1: Grab your phone, download, or open the what3words app. Use what3words and the cryptic clues to find each of the hidden letters.
STEP 2: Look around to spot the signs, as what3words and the cryptic clues will get you close enough to where each letter is located.
STEP 3: Unscramble the 7 letters to reveal the magic word. Send us your answer by scanning one of the QR codes or visiting our website to enter our FREE prize draws.
Here’s a closer look at the prizes on offer:
You will be entered into 2 prize draws, giving you two chances of winning a free prize! Details of the two prize draws can be found below:
Grand Prize Draw:
All entrants from all parks who identify the correct word will be pooled together and entered into the grand prize draw.
There are 35 individual prizes to be won in the Grand Prize Draw. The winners for the prize will be drawn in the order displayed below.
- Two winners will each scoop a FitBit Charge 4 Smart watch. - Take your goals further with a health & fitness tracker that packs built-in GPS for pace and distance, 24/7 heart rate tracking and more into a comfortable wristband.
- Four winners will be awarded a pair of tickets to the Leicestershire County Cricket T20 match on July 3rd 2022. Join Leicestershire County Cricket on July 3rd in this fast paced, big hitting match on a warm summers day.
- One lucky winner will receive one Activity Session Voucher at the Outdoor Pursuits Centre, Leicester worth £75. Take part in an adventurous outdoor activity experience designed to stimulate, educate and motivate young people in a challenging and safe environment.
- One winner will be awarded one family ticket for a Leicester Riders Basketball League fixture in the 2022/23 season. Join this treble winning Riders team as they take on the challenge of staying at the top of the game!
- One winner will be awarded one family ticket for a Leicester Tigers home game.
- 5 winners will each be awarded a family swim pass at either, Enderby Leisure and Golf Centre, Parklands Leisure Centre or Wigston Pool and Fitness Centre.
- There will be one winner picked for the Family Swim pass at an Active Leicester Leisure Centre of your choice
- Ten lucky winners will each scoop a Choose How You Move goody bag
- Ten winners will each receive an Active Together goody bag.
Park Prize Draw prizes:
Blaby Road Park, Oadby & Wigston
- One winner will receive 5 family passes for a soft play session at Parklands Leisure Centre.
- One winner will scoop one month’s free gym membership at Enderby Leisure and Golf Centre, Parklands Leisure Centre or Wigston Pool and Fitness Centre.
What is 'what3words'?
what3words is a digital geocoding system that allows you to pinpoint exact locations throughout the entire planet, by typing in three simple words.
what3words has divided the entire globe into little squares, that are three by three meters. Each square is identified by words in a unique order, for example, the location for 10 Downing Street is slurs. this. shark.
Active Together would like to say a special thank you to all our partners involved in the Let’s Get Moving Active Adventure challenge. Active Together would like to extend their thanks to the wider sport and physical activity partners who have contributed prizes:
- Active Leicester
- Catmose Sports Centre
- Choose How You Move
- Everyone Active
- Leicester Outdoor Pursuit Centre
- Leicester Riders Basketball Club
- Leicester Tigers Rugby Club
- Leicestershire County Cricket Club
- Midlands Roller Arena
- Race Rapid
- Rutland Cycling Centre