The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) Addendum is a scheme to support businesses that have been legally required to close as a result of:
- National Lockdown – November 5, 2020 - December 2, 2020
- Tier 4 Restrictions – December 31, 2020 - January 4, 2021
- National Lockdown – January 5, 2021 - Present
This scheme will be administered in line with Government requirements.
Who is eligible?
Grants are available for businesses that have a Business Rates account and were legally required to close or continue to close for the period of Tier 4 or national lock down restrictions. These include businesses in the follow sectors:
- Hospitality settings, such as bars (including shisha venues), pubs, cafes and restaurants are closed – they are permitted to continue sales by takeaway, click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery services.
- Accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites, and guest houses must close. There are several exemptions, such as for those who use these venues as their main residence, and those requiring the venues where it is reasonably necessary for work or education and training
- Indoor entertainment and tourist venues
- Non-essential retail
- Personal care, e.g. hair salons, beauty salons, tattooists etc
- Sports facilities
Who isn’t eligible?
- Those businesses that have not been legally required to close.
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme for the purposes of this grant
- Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for this grant.
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework.
- For properties with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or less, you may be eligible for a grant of £1,334 per 28-day period.
- For properties with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000, you may be eligible for a grant of £2,000 per 28-day period.
- For properties with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above, you may be eligible for a grant of £3,000 per 28-day period.
How do I apply?
If businesses have not yet received a payment for this grant, but believe they are entitiled they need to complete the online form.
It is your responsibility to tell us if your circumstances change at any point. Any grant amount paid where your business is found not to be eligible will require the amount to be paid back to the Council.
Last updated: Wednesday, 17 February 2021 1:07 pm