*This scheme has now closed - please check our main Covid-19 grants page for the latest information on available grant schemes and business support.
Additional Restriction Grant (ARG)
Since the start of the pandemic, the business grants team has been working incredibly hard to ensure Government funding for businesses has reached local companies as quickly and as securely as possible and that is continuing.
Oadby and Wigston Borough Council is re-launching the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme to new businesses who have not received any funding under this scheme previously and to help support local businesses who remain severely impacted due to the pandemic and restrictions.
This now includes businesses who have received a Restart Grant previously, however have seen a significant drop in revenue since re-opening on 12 April 2021.
Who is eligible?
The Additional Restrictions Grant is available to all businesses that have been severely impacted financially due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and have evidence of ongoing fixed costs.
This fund is used to help both eligible businesses that can continue to operate and those that have been required to close for the period of these restrictions.
- Small and micro suppliers to the retail, leisure, hospitality, events, and accommodation sectors.
- Mobile/home based businesses which do not have a business rates account, whose trading was significantly impacted as a result of the previous restrictions
- Shared space occupiers within the personal care sector, for example; hair dressers, beauty, tattooist’s etc.
Further detailed policy information is available - Oadby and Wigston Additional Restrictions Grant Fund Policy (Word Document, 33.29 Kb)
Who isn’t eligible?
- Any business that has already been allocated funding under the ARG scheme will not be eligible for any funding at this time.
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme for the purposes of this grant
- Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for this grant.
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework.
- Businesses that have not lost income as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic
Grant amount will be determined based on scoring against the following criteria:
- Number of jobs supported by the business
- Level of ongoing fixed business related costs
- Level of financial loss due to Covid-19 Pandemic
- If the business is locally owned and independent
- The ability of the business to trade online
- Any previous financial support received
- Any ongoing financial support being received e.g. Local Restriction Support Grants (LRSG)
The amount awarded will depend on the outcome of the assessment.
Details about this can be found in the policy document above.
How do I apply?
This grant scheme closed on Wednesday 29 September 2021.
Please note: The Government has requested that we carry out pre-payment checks for the ARG grant schemes before any payments are made to the business. This may cause delays in the payment process, please be patient. Once your application has been approved and paid, you will be notified via email.
It is your responsibility to tell us if your circumstances change at any point. Any grant amount paid where your business is found not to be eligible will require the amount to be paid back
Appeals for all Covid-19 business grants
There is no right to appeal, and the decision of the Council is final. As set out in the Business Grant Fund Policy, the Council’s interpretation of the guidance is at its own discretion and it will be the final arbiter of the definitions contained within this policy.
Last updated: Thursday, 30 September 2021 9:30 am