Licences need to be held by a number of establishments under various Acts of Parliament. The Animal Welfare Act 2006 also places a duty of care on those who are responsible for animals to safeguard that animal's welfare. Oadby and Wigston Borough Council has a policy that sets out how it will carry out its duties under this legislation.
For a copy of the current Policy please contact Customer Contact Centre on 0116 2888960
Licences are needed for the following:
- Animal boarding establishments
- Dogs, Cats and Doggy Day Care
- Horse riding establishments
- Pet shops
- Dangerous wild animals
- Dog breeding establishments
- Keeping or Training Animals for exhibition
The application procedure, how decisions to grant or refuse are made and the conditions that will apply are explained in the policy.
- Animal Licensing Policy (PDF Document, 371.83 Kb)
- Animal Policy Consultation Questionnaire (PDF Document, 175.59 Kb)
Last updated: Thursday, 2 July 2020 4:34 pm