Delayed Opinion Notice - External Audit of Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2021.
Delay Notice 30 Sep 21 - External Audit of Accounts (Word Document, 15.22 Kb)
Public Notice - Annual Accounts 2020/2021
Oadby and Wigston Borough Council
- Notice of the Commencement of the Period for the Exercise of Public Rights
- The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 (Section 26 and 27)
- The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (Regulations 14 and 15)
- The Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2021
The Period for the exercise of public rights commenced 26 August 2021 and and concluded on 24 September 2021.
The Statement of Accounts (including the Narrative Report) is made available alongside the Accounts.
The Statement of Accounts is unaudited and the Statement as published may be subject to change. The Draft Statement of Accounts is available on the Council’s website.
Public Inspection Notice - Annual Accounts 2020/21
OADBY & WIGSTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Annual Statement of Accounts
Notice Of Public Inspection for Year Ended 31 March 2021
Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015
Regulations 14 and 15
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, section 26, 27 and 28
The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit by Grant Patterson, Director of Grant Thornton UK LLP, 80 Regent Road, Leicester LE1 7NH.
(1) From 26 August 2021 to 24 September 2021, any person may inspect the accounting records of the Council for the financial year to 31 March 2021, and certain related documents. They may also make copies of the accounts and documents. These rights are restricted, to prevent access to documents containing information which is protected on the grounds of commercial confidentiality, or containing personal information, under Section 26 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014.
(2) From 26 August 2021 to 24 September 2021, at the request of a local government elector, the local auditor must give the elector, or any representative of the elector, an opportunity to question the auditor about the accounting records of the Council.
(3) From 26 August 2021 to 24 September 2021, a local government elector for the area of the Council or his/her representative may objective to the Council’s accounts asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest or apply for a declaration that an item of accounts is unlawful under Section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. These rights are restricted, to prevent access to documents containing information which is protected on the grounds of commercial confidentiality, or containing personal information, under Section 26 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. Written notice of the proposed objection and the grounds on which it will be made must be sent to the auditor at the address given above or by emailing Grant Thornton UK LLP, The Colmore Building, 20 Colmore Circus, Birmingham, B4 6AT and also copied to the Council at the address given below.
(4) Due to restrictions imposed during the coronavirus, access to view a copy of the Statement of Accounts in person will only be available by prior arrangement. Please, contact us by email: email@example.com to discuss this if you are unable to access a copy by any other means.
Head of Finance Acting S151 Officer
Oadby and Wigston Borough Council
(0116) 288 8961
Last updated: Thursday, 30 September 2021 3:25 pm