Skip to content

The Council is now closed for the bank holiday, we will reopen at 8:45am on Tuesday 27 August 2019. For our Out Of Hours emergency contact details, please click here:

Blocked drains and sewers

Public health - sewer 2

Responsibility for the pipes that take waste away from your home depends on whether they are classed as a drain or a sewer.

In Oadby and Wigston, Severn Trent Water is responsible for the public and private sewers, and they can be contacted on 0800 783 4444.

Drains are the responsibility of the property owner. If you are a tenant, the landlord will be liable for faults with your drains. Unfortunately, if the drain is blocked as a result of your own actions then unblocking is your responsibility. For more information about sewer responsibilities, please visit the Severn Trent website.

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top