This page details the main rules applicable to the controlled car parks and how to obtain a copy of these rules.
The complete rules are contained within the Borough of Oadby and Wigston Off-Street Parking Places (Oadby and Wigston) Order 2015 and amendments. Copies of this order can be obtained by written application to:
Oadby and Wigston Borough Council
Car park rules
Please see below a list of car parking rules that apply throughout the Council car parks within the borough:
- You must park wholly within the markings of a parking bay
- You must not park anywhere in the car park that is not a marked bay
- You must not park in a bay marked for disabled person parking unless you display a Blue Badge permit
- You must not exceed the time allowed for parking in any bay
- Where required you must display a valid parking ticket from the ticket machines
- You can only use the car park once in any one day. Leaving and returning to the same car park within the 3 hour period or during the same day is not allowed.
The parking rules and regulations are detailed in a legal document known as the ‘Parking Order’. The current Borough of Oadby and Wigston (Off-street Parking Places) Order was introduced in 2015 and can be found here:
Borough of Oadby and Wigston (Off-street Parking Places) Order 2015 (PDF Document, 7.08 Mb)
The RNIB, Leicestershire Constabulary and Leicestershire Councils are working together to encourage people to be more considerate when parking. People, such as the blind and partially sighted, wheelchair users and those with pushchairs, sometimes have to walk on the road, make detours or turn back if they are unable to get past.
By parking responsibly, you:
- Should allow at least enough space for a double buggy to pass,
- Will be helping keep pedestrians safe and
- Be adhering to local parking restrictions that are in place (yellow lines and zigzags).
If you do not park responsibly, you:
- Could risk someone having an accident,
- Could risk your vehicle being damaged and
- Could be fined a minimum of £30.
For details of parking, restrictions go online to http://www.leics.gov.uk/tromap.htm
Last updated: Wednesday, 17 February 2021 2:44 pm