Coronavirus (COVID-19): Voluntary & Community Hub
A 'Voluntary & Community Hub' initiative has been launched by the Council for those vulnerable residents living within Oadby, Wigston and South Wigston needing additional support during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and for those, either individuals or voluntary organisations, wanting to volunteer their time or services to help those in need across the Borough.
What Can I/We Do to Help?
We are currently working with individuals, charities and voluntary and community groups ("volunteering organisations") to look at the support that is available for our vulnerable residents.
Individual volunteers will be put in touch with volunteering organisations in order to support the delivery of those voluntary organisations' own support initiatives.
You can only provide support to people in isolation if you fulfil ALL of these conditions:
- You are well and have no symptoms (like a cough or high temperature) and nobody in your household does;
- You are under 70 years of age;
- You are not pregnant; and
- You do not have any long-term and/or underlying health conditions that make you vulnerable to coronavirus.
To help us with this exercise, please complete the relevant online form below.
Please note that:
- All volunteers' information will be provided to third-parties (i.e. volunteering organisations sources gathered through this initiative) and vice-versa in order to connect individual volunteers with such volunteering organisations; and
- Individual volunteers must confirm that they fulfil ALL the above four conditions, and in the event this changes, they will inform the Council immediately to ensure the Council does not inadvertently put volunteers and others at risk.
- Individual volunteers must confirm that they are not currently in an ‘at risk’ group (i.e. over 70, living with long term medical condition) and in the event this changes, they will inform the Council immediately to ensure the Council does not inadvertently put volunteers and others at risk.
A number of community groups and services are offering support in the Borough during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The Council has collated a list of the available groups and services, and will continue to update this list on a daily and ongoing basis.
If the agencies found on this list are unable to provide the support you require, please contact the Council's Customer Service Centre directly.
If you have any queries or require futher information or assistance regarding the Council's 'Voluntary & Community Hub' initiative, please do not hesitate to contact:
c: Kane Radford (Community & Wellbeing Manager)
t: (0116) 257 2672
(Use the subject line: 'Voluntary & Community Hub: Coronavirus (COVID-19)')
For service updates and advice, visit our dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19): Information page.
Last updated: Friday, 27 March 2020 10:13 am