The Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort will take place at Westminster Abbey on Saturday 6 May 2023.
Find out how you and your community can celebrate here!
Events in Oadby & Wigston
Celebrate the Coronation in Oadby & Wigston with events taking place across all three town centres!
Sunday 7 May
- Coronation Afternoon Tea at Elliott Hall, South Wigston. 11am - 4pm
- Coronation Fun Day at Elliott Hall, South Wigston. 11.30am - 3pm
Monday 8 May
- Coronation Big Lunch in Ellis Park, Oadby. Bring a picnic and enjoy a bouncy castle, outdoor games and food giveaways. 12pm - 4pm.
- Coronation event on Bell Street, Wigston. Enjoy street entertainers, face painting and performances. 11am - 4pm.
- Coronation Afternoon Tea at All Saints Church, Wigston. No entry charge but bring some food to share! 3.30pm
Events in Leicester and Leicestershire
Planning an event or street party?
If you're planning a street party or any other event on the public highway you will need to notify Leicestershire County Council, and where applicable, apply for a road closure order.
The deadline to complete a registration form for road closures was Friday 31 March 2023.
You can learn more about your responsibilities around planning an event here.
If the event you are planning is a street party, you can find further guidance on the Government website.
Over the Coronation weekend, including Monday 8 May, there will be a number of special events taking place
Saturday 6 May
- The Coronation Service at Westminster Abbey
- The Coronation Procession and Buckingham Palace balcony appearance
Sunday 7 May
- The Coronation Concert at Windsor Castle
- The Coronation Big Lunch - neighbours and communities are invited to share food and fun together across the country on the same date.
Monday 8 May
- The Big Help Out - an opportunity to reflect on the legacy of His Majesty’s service and showcase the impact of volunteering within communities.
Find out more about the events co-ordinated by Buckingham Palace and how you and your community can get involved in the celebrations.
Apply for funding
Funding is available of up to £10,000 for events and activities relating to the coronation through the National Lottery Awards for All programme for community groups to apply for.
National Lottery Awards for All does not have a deadline, but it can take up to 12 weeks from the point of application submission to receiving funding, which means applications for the Coronation weekend should be made before the middle of February.
Last updated: Friday, 21 April 2023 2:05 pm