Skip to content

COVID-19: Localised Lockdown Information - Find out more here:

Coronavirus Outbreak FAQ's - Find out what you can and can't do here:

Night Time Economy Update - Find out about our recovery plan here:

Advice & Service Updates - Visit our 'Coronavirus Information' page here:

Community Hub - If you are vulnerable and need support, click here:

Need to Contact Us? - Do it online here:

Development Control Advice and Guidance

This hub page provides links to other pages relating to development control advice and guidance.

Viewing planning application information with PublicAccess

Works to a private dwelling or within its curtilage.

Central Government has made provision for certain works within the curtilage of a dwelling house to not need planning permission from the Local Planning Authority. This provision is known as 'permitted development' rights. However, in some instances the Local Planning Authority may have imposed a planning condition removing these rights - which means that planning permission would be required (but there is currently no fee payable to the Local Planning Authority to consider the application). You are therefore strongly advised to check whether any proposed extensions/alterations or outbuildings (including sheds, conservatories and car ports) require permission from the Local Planning Authority before you carry out any works.

Further advice is contained on the Do I need planning permission?/Pre-application advice page of the web site and on the Planning Portal, including their interactive house guides.

Development plan documents, supplementary planning documents and supplementary planning guidance

Planning (and associated) Application are generally determined in accordance with Development Plan Documents which are supplemented by other guidance documents.

Key documents can be downloaded below or links to relevant pages of the website (this list is not exhaustive but contains the most commonly used documents)

Adopted Oadby and Wigston Core Strategy

Adopted Oadby and Wigston Local Plan 1999 (Revised following the adoption of the Core Strategy and later policy documents)

Adopted Residential Development Supplementary Planning Document

Adopted Conservation Area Supplementary Planning Document

Developer Contributions Supplementary Planning Document (December 2011) (PDF Document, 386.7 Kb)

General advice and guidance

Listed Buildings - Consent Required From the Local Planning Authority

Trees in Conservation Areas and/or subject to a Tree Preservation Order

Lawful Development Certificates

Telecommunications Development

Advertisement Consent Regulations and the need for Advertisement Consent

Planning Enforcement

Untidy Land Notices (Section 215 of the Town and Country Planning Act)

High Hedges

The Hedgerow Regulations

The development process

Do I need planning permission?/Pre-application advice

How to submit a Planning (or Associated) Application

Planning Application Requirements

Viewing Planning Application Information using PublicAccess

How are Planning Applications dealt with ?

Speaking at the Development Control Committee

Planning (and associated) Application Appeals

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top