This page provides updates relating to Planning Policy document preparation.
The Local Plan
Below outlines the key stages of the new Local Plan.
- The Oadby and Wigston Local Plan Key Challenges - Public Consultation took place between Monday 12th October 2015 and Monday 23rd November 2015.
- The Council consulted on the Regulation 18 Consultation (Preferred Options) document between Friday 4th November and 16th December 2016.
- The Council held a Pre-submission Consultation between November 2017 and December 2017.
- The Council submitted the new Local Plan to the Planning Inspectorate on the 29th January 2018.
- The Examination in Public took place between April and June 2018.
- The Council is consulting on the Local Plan Examination Main Modifications until Midday on Friday, 2 November 2018.
- The Council are looking to adopt the new Local Plan in late 2018 / early 2019.
Please note - the Local Plan will be a combined document of various areas of planning policy, for example allocations and development management policy.
What is the Local Development Scheme?
The Local Development Scheme is a public statement which sets out the proposals for the preparation of the Local Plan for the Borough of Oadby and Wigston.
The local development scheme tells you:
the documents that make up the development plan in the Borough,
where to find planning policies and information for the Borough and
the timescale for the production and review of the Local Plan.
Last updated: Friday, 5 October 2018 3:20 pm