Skip to content

What happens if my details change, including my address?

If you have moved to a new address in Oadby and Wigston simply complete the online register to vote form to update your name, address or any other details on the electoral register. You will need your National Insurance number (if you have one) and passport (if you've moved abroad).

If you have moved away from Oadby and Wigston you need to contact your new local authority for a form. You will be able to give your old address on this form, and your new authority will then tell us so we can take your details off our register.

Remember to keep your details updated; it will help keep your credit history accurate. The electoral register can never be back-dated.

If you have changed your name you need to let us know in writing. This must include your signature, old name, new name and your address. Please note that we cannot accept this request by email without your signature. Either send the request by post, e-mail attachment, or fax. Unless it is simply a correction to the name as printed on the register, you will need to provide evidence of your change of name such as a marriage certificate or deed poll.

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top