This page contains details on emergency repairs to council properties, how to report them and which repairs are classed as emergencies.
Emergency repairs are carried out to prevent danger to the health and safety of residents and/or serious damage to the property. Your home will be made safe within 24 hours of reporting the problem and, where necessary, follow up repairs will be completed as soon as possible.
The following are repairs that are classed as emergency repairs:
- no water supply at all or where water pipes or tanks have burst,
- complete failure of internal lighting and / or power supply or dangerous electrical fittings,
- dangerous structures,
- blocked toilet and drains,
- toilet not flushing where there is no other toilet in the property,
- total or partial loss of supply,
- blocked flue to open fire or boiler or
- total or partial loss to space or water heating between 31st October and 1st May.
You should make sure that you know where the stop taps, electricity and gas meters are located in your home and how to turn them off in an emergency.
|2011 September 22||12 Oct 2011||Staffing|
Last updated: Tuesday, 19 May 2015 10:34 am