Skip to content

The Council is now closed for the bank holiday, we will reopen at 8:45am on Tuesday 27 August 2019. For our Out Of Hours emergency contact details, please click here:

Furniture and large kitchen appliances

The government's Department of Works and Pensions (DWP) has a number of schemes that may assist residents in obtaining essential household items these include Budgeting Advances (for Universal Credit claimants) and Budgeting Loans (for claimants of legacy benefits such as JSA, ESA etc). The rules for this help are lengthy and residents are advised to contact the DWP directly or one of the advice agencies locally.

The Council are working in partnership with Leicestershire County Council and Charity Link to provide essential items such as large kitchen appliances and furniture (Charity Link themselves may be able to help with clothing, medical and mobility equipment)

.To access this scheme you will need to be living in the Borough and referred by a support agency such as, but not limited to:

  • Supporting Leicestershire Families worker
  • Early Years / Surestart worker
  • Social Worker or an IDVA
  • Tenancy Support Worker or Housing Officer
  • Homelessness Officer or Project staff at a hostel
  • Health Practitioner or Probation Officer

The scheme involves a Charity Link form being completed and submitted by clicking the logo below:

Charity link#2

Charity Link will determine whether they can help. If they cannot then your application will be referred back to the Borough Council for consideration under the Leicestershire Welfare scheme.

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top