This page gives information on the grounds maintenance service and the parks, open spaces and recreational facilities in the borough.
Our green maintenance team is responsible for maintaining some of the most valuable assets in the borough.
Our parks and open spaces include:
- Twelve parks including sports grounds and numerous open spaces. Together these comprise 482,000 square metres of grass, nearly 7,000 square metres of shrub beds, hundreds of trees and seasonal bedding displays
- Two cemeteries and three closed church yards
- Four allotments sites.
- A woodland walk in South Wigston.
- Communal housing areas which includes over 45,000 square metres of grass and 3,000 square metres of shrubs and trees.
Leicestershire County Council is responsible for maintaining the highway verges.
A number of recreational facilities are also maintained by us including:
- Twenty-one play areas.
- Two skateboard/BMX areas
- Three bowls greens
- Seven tennis courts
- Two multi-sport courts which incorporates tennis courts
- Two cricket squares
- Fifteen football pitches
We also work in conjunction with Friends of the Park Groups and Pride of the Borough.
Last updated: Wednesday, 11 April 2018 11:56 am