The Housing Options Team will be able to offer you advice and assistance if you are:
- a tenant and have been given notice to leave by your landlord (private, council or housing association)
- living with friends or relatives and are being asked to leave
- living in accommodation which you now find unsuitable (for example as a result of a disability)
- a homeowner being threatened with repossession
- someone living in fear of violence from a partner or other household member
- or have any other housing advice query
- if you are rough sleeping in the Borough
We give comprehensive housing advice to enable residents to make informed decisions about their housing options and to, where possible, prevent homelessness. The Housing Options Team also manage the Choice Based Lettings scheme and deal with incidents of homelessness.
To access the service:
Many enquiries can be resolved by telephone. Please call the Customer Services Team on 0116 288 8961. We also offer appointments by prior arrangement with Housing Options Advisors. To make a booking, please visit the customer services centre at 40 Bell Street, Wigston or call 0116 288 8961.
In an emergency:
Please call and discuss your situation with a member of the Housing Options team on any of the numbers given above. If outside normal office opening times, please visit http://www.oadby-wigston.gov.uk/pages/out_of_hours_emergencies.
Other sources of advice:
*The Council is not responsible for the content of external websites.
How are we using your information?
If you or someone in your household receives help or advice if you are homeless, or are likely to become homeless, we will provide support and assistance to you. As part of this we will share your personal information (including your name and date of birth) with the Department for Communities and Local Government. They will use this information for research purposes, to help them work out how much support they will need to provide to us to help you and other people and households in the future.
- Homelessness prevention funds policy and procedure (PDF Document, 191.05 Kb)
- Homelessness strategy 2016 (PDF Document, 334.07 Kb)
Last updated: Friday, 5 January 2018 10:01 am