This page contains information on an incentive scheme that Oadby and Wigston Borough Council have available for council tenants.
Oadby and Wigston Borough Council offers eligible secure tenants a small financial incentive* to move from one of one of our family sized properties for which we have a high demand (currently 2,3 & 4 bedroom houses) to sheltered or supported flats and bungalows.
Why move and what are the benefits?
There are reasons and benefits to move to a smaller property including:
- your circumstances may have changed from when you first moved into your current property,
- you may wish to move to more suitable accommodation for your needs,
- you could save money on heating and lighting bills,
- you may save time and money on maintaining your garden,
- you could reduce time and money spent on redecoration and re-carpeting and
- accommodation on one level can easily be maintained.
Availability of this scheme is limited please contact your Housing Officer for details.
*the £1000 payment is made less any outstanding rent arrears, court costs, maintenance or damage recharges
Last updated: Friday, 24 March 2017 9:32 am