Solar Together Leicestershire
The Solar Together Leicestershire 2023 scheme has now closed for registration.
Do you want to save on your energy bills and generate your own clean electricity? Having your own solar panels and battery storage to power your home with clean energy can be a smart investment.
We are pleased to be working in partnership with councils across Leicestershire and independent experts in group-buying, iChoosr Ltd, to offer residents the chance to generate your own clean electricity at a highly competitive price. By installing solar panels and producing renewable electricity for your home or business, you will be playing your part in supporting our shared ambition to reduce carbon emissions in Leicestershire.
Solar Together is an innovative new scheme offering high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. It is a group-buying scheme, which brings households in Oadby & Wigston together to get high-quality solar panels at a competitive price, helping you through the process and keeping you informed at every stage.
How does it work?
How does it work?
1. Registration: you can register for free and without obligation. To register, you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
2. Auction: A reverse auction will be held at the end of June where our pre-vetted solar installers will submit bids for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household. The installer with the most competitive package will win the auction.
3. Personal recommendation: following the auction, you will be emailed your personal recommendation based on your registration details. This includes your costs and specifications of your system.
4. You decide: the decision is then yours whether you want to accept your recommendation. There is no obligation to continue. We will let you know how long you have to accept your recommendation and update you before the scheme closes.
5. Installation: if you accept, the winning installer will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of March 2024.
Solar PV installations are considered a 'permitted development' and will generally not need planning permission. However, in some cases, such as in Conservation Areas and on Listed Buildings, planning permission may be required. Find planning advice here.
Do you already have solar panels installed?
You can also register to have battery storage added to your existing solar panels to maximise the benefits of your system.
Telephone and email support will be on-hand throughout the whole process, which, together with information sessions, will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.
iChoosr was founded in 2008 and is privately owned by two co-founders. Before it entered the UK energy market in 2012, it focused on group-buying schemes in the Netherlands and Belgium. It now works with community leaders helping households select energy and solar power suppliers. As in the UK, its operations continue to grow across Europe, North America and Japan.
Last updated: Monday, 21 August 2023 12:12 pm