Skip to content

COVID-19: Localised Lockdown Lifted in the Borough - Find out more here:

Coronavirus Outbreak FAQ's - Find out what you can and can't do here:

Night Time Economy Update - Find out about our recovery plan here:

Advice & Service Updates - Visit our 'Coronavirus Information' page here:

Community Hub - If you are vulnerable and need support, click here:

Need to Contact Us? - Do it online here:

Legal advice

The Council are unable to offer residents legal advice or legal assistance. If you have a concern related to a particual service or area of the Councils work you should contract the relevant Officer, Team or Service for further information.

If you require legal advice you will need to make your own arrangements. However the following may be of assistance to you:

  • Contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
  • Look in Yellow Pages or go to the website for listings of local solicitors
  • Look in the local press
  • Go to the website for information and advice on finding legal advice and your eligibility for Legal Aid
  • Go to the Legal Services Commission website for advice on how to find legal information and help

If you are on a low income Legal Aid may pay for your solicitor - look for the Legal Aid symbol.

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top