The Local Restrictions Support Grant (Closed) is a scheme to support businesses that have been legally required to close as a result of Local Tier 3 restrictions between December 2, 2020 to December 30, 2020.
This scheme will be administered in line with Government requirements.
Who is eligible?
Grants are available for businesses that have a Business Rates account and were legally required to close on 2 December 2020 under Tier 3 restrictions. These include businesses in the follow sectors:
- Hospitality settings, such as bars (including shisha venues), pubs, cafes and restaurants are closed – they are permitted to continue sales by takeaway, click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery services.
- Accommodation such as hotels, B&Bs, campsites, and guest houses must close. There are several exemptions, such as for those who use these venues as their main residence, and those requiring the venues where it is reasonably necessary for work or education and training
- Indoor entertainment and tourist venues.
Who isn’t eligible?
Those businesses that have not been legally required to close on 2nd December
- Businesses that are in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made, are not eligible for funding under this scheme for the purposes of this grant
- Businesses that have chosen to close but not been required to will not be eligible for this grant.
- Businesses that have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State aid permitted under the de minimis and the Covid-19 Temporary State Aid Framework.
Please note that Oadby and Wigston were in Tier 3 for a total of 29 days from the 02/12/20 to 30/12/20. The below figures are based on a 14 day period.
- Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on the date of the commencement of the local restrictions will receive a payment of £667 per 14-day qualifying restriction period.
- Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on the date of the commencement of the local restrictions will receive a payment of £1,000 per 14-day qualifying restriction period.
- Businesses occupying premises with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above on the commencement date of the local restrictions, will receive £1,500 per 14-day qualifying restriction period.
How do I apply?
If businesses have not yet received a payment for this grant, but believe they are entitiled please email email@example.com.
It is your responsibility to tell us if your circumstances change at any point. Any grant amount paid where your business is found not to be eligible will require the amount to be paid back to the Council.
Last updated: Wednesday, 17 February 2021 1:13 pm