The Community Flat is also involved in commissioning free, targeted projects and activities for all residents in the 3 priority neighbourhoods. Projects have included Skipping & Body Combat Sessions at Maromme Square, 'Supersonic Doom' at Elizabeth Court (Halloween event), Street Dance sessions at All Saints School, Upcycling Sessions, Community Vegetable Growing Projects and the 'Something to DO!' Project for young people.
See below for details of current or forthcoming projects, contact Jane Morris if you would like to get involved in any.
- Projects TBC.
Community vegetable growing projects:
- 'Time to Veg Out' Project (Elizabeth Court & Boulter Crescent)
Projects in the community flat:
Residents have started up and run projects at the Community Flat which are open to anyone in the Borough. These include;
- 'Lunch Club' offers a freshly made healthy meal for £1.00. Contact the Community Flat for more information.
- 'Boulter Wishing Well' is run by residents to celebrate good news and celebrations that other residents have such as a wedding, new baby, passing a driving test, special birthday etc. Just put your celebration in the diary at the Community Flat and the Wishing Well group could make you a balloon, send a card, even organise a wishing well drop in at the community flat for people to come and Wish You Well.
- 'Stitch n Bitch Group' meet every Thursday 10 till 3pm to have a natter while you learn crochet, sewing, knitting, cross stitch well anything you can stitch! Free to attend.
- 'Upcycling Group' meet every Tuesday 10 till 12 use sewing machines, materials and equipment to make, mend and recycle. The group have decoupage shoes, decorated tins, made bunting and cushions! Free to attend.
Last updated: Monday, 3 September 2018 3:25 pm