Skip to content

Coronavirus Outbreak FAQ's - Find out what you can and can't do here:

Local Authority Discretionary Grants - Check if you are eligible here:

Advice & Service Updates - Visit our 'Coronavirus Information' page here:

Community Hub - If you are vulnerable and need support, click here:

Volunteering - If you want to volunteer or are a volunteering organisation, click here:

Need to Contact Us? - Do it online here:

Registering Your Food Premises

All food businesses are required to Register with the local authority 28 days before opening to trade and registration is free.

Register a food business

Food premises that need to register include market stalls, delivery vehicles and other moveable structures as well as food shops, manufacturers and processors. If you wish to operate a mobile food vehicle, you may need a street trading license before you can trade. Further details on Street Trading can be found here.

After you have registered you will be contacted by our Environmental Health Department to arrange an inspection. Once the inspection is completed, or after 28 days, you can open to trade.

Public register

The council has to keep a register of all food premises and details of the address and the type of business carried on. This register is open for public inspection.

Share this page:

Last updated:

Back to top