Eligible business owners in South Wigston are now welcome to apply for the South Wigston Shop Front Improvement Scheme.
About the scheme
The South Wigston Shop Front Improvement scheme is aimed at businesses in South Wigston to make improvements to their shop fronts. Grants of up to £2,000 are available, to be matched by the applicant, for a number of improvements. As the funding is from other local developments, this grant is only available in South Wigston.
The scheme will operate in the main shopping centre of South Wigston along Blaby Road and some of its immediate surrounding streets. Premises outside of this area are unfortunately not eligible under this scheme.
This scheme aims to improve shop fronts in South Wigston as a means of supporting the growth of local businesses, improving the local environment and raising the image of the town centres amongst locals and visitors.
You can download the full information and eligibility criteria relating to the scheme here: South Wigston Shop Front Improvement Scheme Guidance (Word Document, 578.94 Kb)
The following work will generally be considered as eligible for support. It is by no means an exhaustive list and all proposed works will be considered on a case by case basis.
- External lighting
- New shop fronts
- Repainting of shop fronts in suitable colours
- Internal security grilles and/or security glazing
- Repair and reinstatement of all or any part of a shop front fixture that is visible from the street, including the first and second floor of premises where these are in commercial use
Examples of non-eligible works:
- Lighting within window displays
- Window display equipment
- Pedestrian access improvements
- Externally mounted security features
- Repair and reinstatement of guttering and downpipes
- Professional fees associated with the delivery of the project such as planning application fees, consultancy fees, advisory fees etc.
How to apply
In order to consider your application we require the following to be submitted:
- A completed application form. You must complete the application form as this contains basic information about your proposal.
- Sketch drawings of your proposed work and a photo of how it looks now.
- Proof of ownership/lease. If you do not own the property, you will need to provide proof that you have permission from the owner to carry out the works. The building owner should countersign your application to show that they have given permission for the works to be carried out.
- Cost estimates including fees.
You can download the application form here: South Wigston Shop Front Improvement Scheme Application Form (Word Document, 606.11 Kb)
Once completed the form and relevant information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A decision on your application will then be made as soon as possible.
This is a discretionary grant to be offered on a first come, first served basis, subject to applications meeting the criteria for eligible works.
Last updated: Tuesday, 29 March 2022 10:08 am