Historically, sponsorship has helped to shape Brocks Hill Country Park with trees, benches and other features. Today there is very limited space for sponsored items in the park, so unfortunately we cannot currently provide sponsored trees or benches. There is the opportunity for an engraved leaf to be placed on the memorial tree sculpture in memory of a loved one.
Due to the locations of any sponsored item and the nature of the Country Park, we respectfully asked that the sponsored item itself serves as the memorial and that no items such as bouquets are placed by it or ashes scattered.
Memorial Tree Sculpture
The Friends of Brocks Hill currently have sponsorship opportunities for memorial leaves on the Memorial Tree Sculpture (next to the small children's enclosed play area). A brass leaf can be engraved with a dedication and short message of your choice. A form for this is available on the Friends of Brocks Hill page on this web site:
Sponsored Rose Bed
The rose bed is located by the front doors of the centre and contains roses that have been, and can be sponsored. The roses chosen are thornless, attract wildlife and have a strong scent. A form for this is available on the Friends of Brocks Hill page on this web site.
Park improvement donation
Brocks Hill Country Park is enjoyed by over 150,000 visitors each year and on limited budgets we strive to improve and conserve this beautiful place for future generations. A bequest or donation to the work of the Country Park makes your loved one not only a part of Brocks Hill’s history, but also part of its future.
Whether £10 or £1000, all donations to the Country Park will be used to make Brocks Hill a better place; For example, by enhancing the garden beds, improving woodland and grassland habitats or maintaining paths in the woods.
If you are interested in any of these options and would like to discuss your wishes, please contact us by email: email@example.com or call the Council's Customer Service Centre on Leicester (0116) 288 8961.
Terms and Conditions
Brocks Hill will organise the purchase and installation of your sponsored features and will maintain them until the end of their lives.
- The sponsored item itself serves as the memorial and no items such as bouquets are to be placed by the sponsored item or ashes scattered. All items that are non-biodegradable will be removed as they can pose a danger to wildlife.
- We are responsible for looking after donated benches but won't replace them if they become damaged beyond repair.
- We will replace a sponsored tree that is planted and watered in the unlikely event that it fails to establish and dies within 2 years. If a tree dies after this establishment period, a fee may be required to cover the cost of replacing it.
- If a tree is vandalised within 2 years and is no longer viable or dead, we will replace the tree once.
- If a plaque is vandalised we unfortunately cannot replace the plaque.
- If unforeseen circumstances require it, we reserve the right to move or remove any tree, and we will plant a replacement tree in an appropriate location.
- Your memorial item is sponsored but not owned. Legal ownership of a sponsored item remains with Brocks Hill Country Park.
Last updated: Thursday, 13 June 2019 11:01 am