Salary: £39,880 – £43,857
This is a Permanent Full Time position
We are currently looking to recruit a Development Control Manager to lead our Development Control Team. Reporting to the Head of The Built Environment you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Development Control Team to deliver the effective processing and determination of applications and associated work, including appeals, enquiries, enforcement and tree management.
- Working in conjunction with the Head of The Built Environment to ensure strategic objectives are met.
- Be responsible for the delivery of Development Control functions in accordance with corporate objectives, service delivery plans, performance management systems and approved budgets.
- Successfully manage change and build and maintain an enthusiastic and committed team.
- Promote and maintain a culture which places customers first and aims to deliver a high standard of service
The ideal candidate will need to be a strong leader with experience of working in a development control environment. You will have a sound understanding of Planning Legislation, Regulations and Government Guidance and the ability to apply this knowledge to the role.
A strong communicator is key for this role both verbally and written as well as delivering presentations. Communicating with stakeholders, councillors and members of the public with diplomacy and tact is an essential part of this role.
Our council is one that has a sound financial footing, and it is looking secure this footing further, whilst simultaneously improving our services– something that underpins our 5-year Corporate Plan running to 2024. We have ambitious plans to improve our already green borough, encourage businesses, both new and established to work in our borough, and improve the lives of our communities.
Oadby and Wigston is a great place to live, work and visit and our council is a great organisation to work for, with a great culture. We empower our employees to be creative in how we deliver our services, and this delivers fantastic outcomes for residents, businesses, partners and visitors alike.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your CV with cover letter to email@example.com. As part of our application process we also require you to complete our equalities monitoring questionnaire.
Please note that this information is for monitoring purposes only and will not form part of your application. All information is treated in the strictest of confidence
Please note we have the right to close this role early or extend for longer dependant on business requirements
Closing date: Saturday, 3 July 2021