An introduction to our building control services.
The primary purpose of building control services is to ensure the health and safety of people in and around buildings. This is achieved in a number of different ways, some of which are proactive measures, while others are reactive.
We aim to provide advice and assistance to achieve quality of design and construction in buildings in accordance with The Building Regulations and associated legislation. The service includes:-
- A professional and accountable service;
- Pre-application advice;
- Over the phone application completion service;
- Conditional approvals where required;
- LANTAC (Local Authority National Type Approval Certificate) scheme for dwellings, commercial and industrial buildings;
- Provision of a development team approach;
- Daily access to building control surveyors for technical advice;
- Inspection of key stages of building work to determine compliance with the requirements of the Building Regulations;
- Same day inspection of building work if notified by 10:00 a.m.;
- The control of dangerous structures;
- The control of demolition of buildings in excess of 49.5 cubic metres;
- A Building Regulations Property records search and compliance certificates where available ; and
- The issuing of street names and property numbers.
PLEASE NOTE: BEFORE NOTIFYING BUILDING CONTROL OF THE COMMENCEMENT OF WORK OR REQUESTING AN INSPECTION, YOU MUST HAVE SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION AND HAVE A VALID REFERENCE NUMBER.
You will also find our current application forms along with useful leaflets on the Forms and fee page.
For an individually determined quotation, please send information regarding the proposal by email to email@example.com.
Important Information: Several private Building Control Companies have recently been unable to secure the required insurances that enable them to operate as an Approved Inspector. This means they are no longer able to inspect any building works or issue the required statutory notices including completion certificates. If you believe you may be affected by this please contact us on 0116 257 2657 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our upmost to assist you.
Last updated: Monday, 11 November 2019 1:44 pm