An introduction to our building control services.
The primary purpose of building control services is to ensure the health and safety of people in and around buildings. This is achieved in a number of different ways, some of which are proactive measures, while others are reactive.
We aim to provide advice and assistance to achieve quality of design and construction in buildings in accordance with The Building Regulations and associated legislation. The service includes:-
- A professional and accountable service;
- Pre-application advice;
- Over the phone application completion service;
- Conditional approvals where required;
- LANTAC (Local Authority National Type Approval Certificate) scheme for dwellings, commercial and industrial buildings;
- Provision of a development team approach;
- Daily access to building control surveyors for technical advice;
- Inspection of key stages of building work to determine compliance with the requirements of the Building Regulations;
- Same day inspection of building work if notified by 10:00 a.m.;
- The control of dangerous structures;
- The control of demolition of buildings in excess of 49.5 cubic metres;
- A Building Regulations Property records search and compliance certificates where available ; and
- The issuing of street names and property numbers.
PLEASE NOTE: BEFORE NOTIFYING BUILDING CONTROL OF THE COMMENCEMENT OF WORK OR REQUESTING AN INSPECTION, YOU MUST HAVE SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION AND HAVE A VALID REFERENCE NUMBER.
You will also find our current application forms along with useful leaflets on the Forms and fee page.
For an individually determined quotation, please send information regarding the proposal by
email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: Tuesday, 30 July 2019 11:35 am