IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING INSPECTIONS:
The health of both our customers and surveyors is paramount. In order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we will be following the LABC recommended guidelines for inspections which includes asking a series of screening questions before scheduling any site visits. If anyone at the site is over the age of 70, self-isolating or showing any symptoms of the virus, we will be unable to carry out an inspection at this time. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.
The primary purpose of building control services is to ensure the health and safety of people in and around buildings. This is achieved in a number of different ways, some of which are proactive measures, while others are reactive.
We aim to provide advice and assistance to achieve quality of design and construction in buildings in accordance with The Building Regulations and associated legislation. The service includes:-
- A professional and accountable service;
- Pre-application advice;
- Over the phone application completion service;
- Conditional approvals where required;
- LANTAC (Local Authority National Type Approval Certificate) scheme for dwellings, commercial and industrial buildings;
- Provision of a development team approach;
- Daily access to building control surveyors for technical advice;
- Inspection of key stages of building work to determine compliance with the requirements of the Building Regulations;
- Same day inspection of building work if notified by 10:00 a.m.;
- The control of dangerous structures;
- The control of demolition of buildings in excess of 49.5 cubic metres;
- A Building Regulations Property records search and compliance certificates where available ; and
- The issuing of street names and property numbers.
PLEASE NOTE: BEFORE NOTIFYING BUILDING CONTROL OF THE COMMENCEMENT OF WORK OR REQUESTING AN INSPECTION, YOU MUST HAVE SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION AND HAVE A VALID REFERENCE NUMBER.
You will also find our current application forms along with useful leaflets on the Forms and fee page.
For an individually determined quotation, please send information regarding the proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Several private Building Control Companies have recently been unable to secure the required insurances that enable them to operate as an Approved Inspector. This means they are no longer able to inspect any building works or issue the required statutory notices including completion certificates. If you believe you may be affected by this please contact us on 0116 257 2657 or email@example.com and we will do our upmost to assist you.
Last updated: Friday, 20 March 2020 9:34 am