This page gives details on the collection of household waste.
We have a weekly refuse and recycling collection system. To find out the day of your collections please use the 'My Location' area of this page. Please note, some communal area collections at flats may not appear.
Please contact Customer Services on (0116) 288 8961 if you require further information.
Please contact Customer Services on 0116 288 8961 before 4 February 2019 to arrange a real Christmas tree collection.
General collection arrangements
Please see below a list of instructions regarding the arrangements for collection for your household waste and recycling:
- Waste bags and wheeled bins must be placed at the front edge of the property by 7:00 a.m. on the collection day.
- We cannot guarantee collecting any waste left outside after 7:00 a.m. Actual times of collection may change due to road works or bad weather.
- All household waste must be contained within the bag or bin. Any bags which have been torn or damaged will not be collected.
- Materials placed in charity bags will not be collected.
Household waste collection bags
The allowance for each household is up to three 40 litre black bags or one normal dustbin (which is equivalent to 2 x 40 litre bags) and one 40 litre black bag.
- Material such as hazardous or special waste, needles, glass, sharp objects, soil, bricks or rubble must not be put in the bins or waste bags.
- Black refuse bags should not weigh more than 10 kilograms each. Bags which are over 10 kilograms in weight will not be collected.
- If you use your own dustbin for household waste, Oadby & Wigston Borough Council will not be liable for any loss or damage to the dustbin.
Please note: we do not supply dustbins to households for household waste use. Residents can purchase their own standard 80 litre bin with removable lid if they wish to do so. We cannot accept responsibility for lost or stolen bins.
For details of our recycling collection please visit: Recycling.
For details of our Garden Waste Service please visit: Garden Waste Services.
Disabled and elderly residents
Where a resident has a disability or frailty, we may be able to assist with putting out and returning their bin or to collect their black bags. This applies where the resident is not able to put out their refuse and cannot make other arrangements. You can make an online request by completing the online form using the link below.
For information on any of our household waste services please contact Customer Services (0116) 288 8961.
Last updated: Wednesday, 9 January 2019 3:38 pm