Make a Complaint About a Councillor
If you believe that a borough councillor may have breached the code of conduct you can make a complaint.
How to make a complaint
Your complaint must be made in writing and sent to the Council's Monitoring Officer.
Please complete the Complaining about a Councillor Complaints form: Complaining about a Councillor Form (Word Document, 192 Kb)
You may find it helpful to read the Council’s Code of Conduct for Members.
If you wish to discuss a potential complaint, please contact the Council's Monitoring Officer, who can explain the process and discuss the matter with you before your submit your complaint.
Contact the Council's Monitoring Officer
David Gill, Monitoring Officer
Oadby & Wigston Borough Council
Brocks Hill Council Offices
Tel: 0116 257 2626
What to include in your complaint
It is important that you provide all of the information in your complaint about what the councillor has done which in your view breaches the Code of Conduct that you wish to be taken into account.
For example, please include:
- A clear explanation of what the councillor(s) has done.
- Specific descriptions about what a councillor said or did
- The dates of alleged incidents wherever possible
- References to relevant sections of the Code of Conduct wherever possible.
- Councillor Complaints Process Chart (PDF Document, 678.52 Kb)
Last updated: Monday, 13 November 2023 1:21 pm