Salary: Up to £30,151
This is a Permanent Full Time position
Due to a recent change to the structure of our Planning Section, Oadby and Wigston Borough Council is looking to recruit a full time Planning Policy and Monitoring Officer to join our dynamic Planning Policy Team on a permanent contract.
This role allows for a split of home and office based working with regular attendance at the office not essential within the Council’s new agile working framework. There will be a need to carry out site visits within the Borough.
The main focus of this brand new role is to contribute towards the development of a new Local Plan for the Borough and to ensure that existing planning policies are effectively implemented and monitored.
The successful candidate will have a rounded knowledge of planning matters, procedures, good practice and legislation as well as experience of working effectively with members of the public and providing a high quality of customer service.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with persons at all levels
- Excellent written skills, effective organisation skills and good attention to detail
- Excellent IT Skills - Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, databases and using the internet
· Good problem-solving skills
· The ability to work well under pressure
· The ability to work as part of a team and work on own initiative with minimum supervision
· A flexible attitude and a genuine desire to help customers
· Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
What this role has to offer:
- A proactive and close knit Planning team
- A focused training programme
- Great job satisfaction
- To be part of a positive and collaborative workplace with a strong culture that recognises employees are at the heart of what we do
- Ongoing committed support to your personal development
- Generous holiday entitlement
To apply for this role you must complete our online application form https://myaccount.oadby-wigston.gov.uk/service/OWBC_Job_Application_Form (CVS will not be accepted)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Midday, Monday 30th January 2023
Closing date: Monday, 30 January 2023