This page provides information about business rates and what they are about.
Non-Domestic Rates, or business rates, collected by local authorities are the way that those who occupy non-domestic property contribute towards the cost of local services. Under the business rates retention arrangements introduced from 1st April 2013, authorities keep a proportion of the business rates paid locally. This provides a direct financial incentive for authorities to work with local businesses to create a favourable local environment for growth since authorities will benefit from growth in business rates revenues. The money, together with revenue from council tax payers, revenue support grant provided by the Government and certain other sums, is used to pay for the services provided by local authorities in your area. Further information about the business rates system, including transitional and other reliefs, may be obtained at www.gov.uk.
Business Rates are dealt with by our Revenues team, who also deal with Council Tax.
The Council's business rates web pages cover the main information about business rates, plus any announcements about upcoming legislative changes, for detailed information on business rates please go to the Business Link Website. The Business Link website contains information about all aspects of starting and running a business.
The information leaflets for Leicestershire County Council, The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Leicestershire and Leicestershire Fire and Rescue can be found in the Related Links below.
The information leaflet for Oadby and Wigston Borough Council can be found in Related Documents below.
- Business Rates Explanatory Notes 2019-20 (Word Document, 20.23 Kb)
- Business Rates Explanatory Notes 2018-19 (Word Document, 35.08 Kb)
- Business Rates Explanatory Notes 2017 (Word Document, 15.95 Kb)
- Council Tax Information Leaflet 2019-2020 (Word Document, 142.02 Kb)
- Council Tax Information Leaflet 2018-2019 (Word Document, 136.87 Kb)
- Council Tax Information Leaflet 2017-2018 (Word Document, 131.65 Kb)
- Council Tax Information Leaflet 2016 (PDF Document, 137.77 Kb)
- Police Council Tax Information Leaflet 2018-2019 (PDF Document, 2.9 Mb)
|2011 September 09||20 Sep 2011||Vacant Commercial Premises|
Last updated: Thursday, 4 April 2019 4:33 pm