Statement of Licensing Policy

The Oadby & Wigston Borough Council 2015 - 2020 Statement of Licensing Policy can be found by following the link below.

Application forms can be downloaded from the Gov.UK web site at or by following the links on the right hand side of this page.

Licensable activities under the Licensing Act 2003

Supply of alcohol

You need a licence to sell alcohol, including in wholesale quantities, to the public or supply alcohol to members of a club.

Regulated entertainment

You need a licence for the following activities if carried out in front of an audience:-

  1. performance of a play,
  2. exhibition of a film,
  3. an indoor sporting event,
  4. boxing or wrestling entertainment,
  5. performance of live music,
  6. the playing of recorded music.

Late-night refreshment

You need a licence to provide hot food or hot drink between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.

If you are still unsure whether or not you need a licence, require further information, or wish to make an application, please contact us.

To apply for a licence online please visit the premises licence page.

Last updated: Thursday, 28 January 2021 6:00 pm