No second night out - nsno
NSNO is for anyone aged over 18, in Leicester City, Leicestershire or Rutland, who is rough sleeping and not owed a statutory housing duty by their Local Authority.
NSNO provides bed spaces for up to three nights to allow time for a Homelessness Transitions Officer and your Housing Options Officer to arrange longer-term accommodation and link to other services to address the underlying causes of your homelessness.
You can be referred to NSNO by your Local Authority’s Housing Options Team – call 0116 288 8961.
The Homelessness Transitions Service works with Housing Options and enables rough sleepers, or those at risk of rough sleeping, to receive intensive one to one support.
The service provides:
• Specialist Housing Advice and Options
• Accessing accommodation, supported or independent
• Support for those being released from prison/discharged from hospital to access accommodation
• Support to move into, set up and sustain appropriate accommodation
• Mental health and substance/alcohol misuse support and signposting to specialist services
• Budgeting, access to benefits and money management
• Support to access training or education or volunteering opportunities
• Support to address social isolation
To access the service you can be referred by a professional that you are already working with, your local Housing Options Team on 0116 288 8961 or you can self-refer. A referral form can be requested by ringing 01509 260 500 or you can download a referral form from http://www.thebridge-eastmidlands.org.uk/homelessness-transitions-service
Once engaged with the Homelessness Transitions Service an action plan will be created with you in order to support you to access, set up and sustain your accommodation.
|2011 September 23||17 Oct 2011||Homelessness|
Last updated: Tuesday, 3 July 2018 3:42 pm