Our qualified Environmental Health Officers work to a code of ethics as part of their professional membership. To maintain their status as Practitioners of Environmental Health Officers, they need to attend 20 hours (30 hours for Chartered Practitioners) of professional training, and if inspecting food businesses at least 10 of those hours need to be food safety related. This is monitored through the Councils performance management processes.
We aim to deliver a professional responsive service to Oadby and Wigston residents and will to the following service standards.
Our commitments to our customers are that we will:
- Be clear about any charges we make.
- Treat your personal information with respect and in confidence.
- Be fair and independent when investigating potential offences.
- Let businesses know when we intend to visit where possible.
- Give you a named Officer that will be dealing with your request.
- Be courteous and professional at all times.
- Help businesses to comply with their legal obligations and be proportionate in any enforcement action we take.
- Keep you informed throughout the investigation and be open and honest with you if we are not likely to be able to resolve your problem.
- Ensure all our customers have equal access to all of our services.
- We will respond to your request for a service within the following timescales;
- Treat for a pest infestation within working 4 days.
- Arrange an inspection following a request for Accommodation Certificates within 4 days.
- Investgate all other private sector housing related issues within 5 days
- Investigate a suspected food poisoning related to E coli1 within 1 day.
- Respond to a lost dog enquiry within 1 working day.
- Investigate serious food safety issues within working 1 day.
- Investigate a nuisance complaint within working 2 days.
- Investigate noise from an alarm within working 1 day.
- Investigate accidents at work within working 2 days.
Please note that these are maximum times for responding to your request for a service. Officers will usually deal with your service request well within these timescales.
We acknowledge that sometimes we get it wrong and so have a corporate complaints procedure. We learn from all complaints and are open to make changes in our practices to improve our overall level of customer service.
|2011 September 22||12 Oct 2011||Staffing|
Last updated: Thursday, 31 August 2017 10:38 am