We have four allotment sites containing more than 300 plots of various sizes;
- Aylestone Lane, Wigston
- Manchester Gardens, Blunts Lane, Wigston
- Wigston Road, Oadby
- Brabazon Road, Oadby
We operate a waiting list for allotment plots and are currently taking applications for Aylestone Lane, Wigston Road and Brabazon Road.
You can apply by calling Customer Services on 0116 288 8961.
Due to the number of people currently waiting for a plot, applications for Manchester Gardens are temporarily closed. If you are interested in taking on an allotment plot in the future please check back here in the new financial year.
Please note that we are unable to let plots to people living outside of the Borough.
We encourage the growth of good nutritious produce as a way of improving the health of the Borough.
- Annual rental per plot varies depending on site and facilities. There is a 25% discount for tenants aged 60 years or over.
- There is a £60 deposit required per plot - refundable on vacation so long as the plot is returned in a clean tidy condition
- A gate key is provided (where applicable)
- Plots are allocated in order of waiting list application date
Taking on an allotment requires long term dedication through frequent visits and hard work to keep the plot up to an acceptable standard of cultivation but the benefits far outweigh the hard work!
Last updated: Tuesday, 4 July 2023 4:10 pm