This page provides information on the allotment sites we have in the borough and how to apply for an allotment plot along with contact information
We have four allotment sites containing more than 300 plots of various sizes;
- Aylestone Lane, Wigston
- Manchester Gardens, Blunts Lane, Wigston
- Wigston Road, Oadby
- Brabazon Road, Oadby
If you are interested in taking on an allotment please complete and submit an application using the tab below. Once we receive your application you will be contacted to confirm availability of plots. Applications are welcome for all sites but plots on Manchester Gardens and Brabazon Road do not become available very often and so a waiting list is in operation.
Please note that we are unable to let plots to people living outside of the Borough.
We encourage the growing of good nutritious produce as a way of improving the health of the Borough.
- Annual rental per plot varies depending on site and facilities. There is a 25% discount for tenants aged 60 years or over. Please contact us for details.
- There is a £60 deposit required per plot - refundable on vacation so long as the plot is returned in a clean tidy condition
- A gate key is provided (where applicable)
- Plots are allocated in order of waiting list application date
Taking on an allotment requires long term dedication through frequent visits and hard work to keep the plot up to an acceptable standard of cultivation but the benefits far outweigh the hard work!
Payment can be accepted by cash - only at the main Council Offices and by cheque - at our Customer Service Centre or by post. Payment can be made by card either online using our payment web page or over the telephone on Leicester (0116) 257 2850. You will need your invoice reference number when making a payment.
Last updated: Friday, 17 April 2020 1:38 pm