Skip to Content

Make a compliment, comment or complaint

Compliments and Comments

Compliments concerning a Council officer or service area are gratefully received and the relevant officer or service will be notified of them. All comments suggesting improvements to the Council’s services will be considered by the appropriate service area and will assist us in monitoring the quality, effectiveness and value of our services.

Explanation of our Complaints Process

If you are not entirely satisfied with any of the Council services, you can make a complaint to the Council by following the procedure outlined in the Council’s Compliments, Comments and Complaints Policy 2019 (PDF Document, 646.05 Kb). The Council records and monitors the progress of all complaints received to ensure that our responses comply with time scales set out within the Policy.

The Complaints Process

The Council’s internal process follows three stages: informal meeting, level 1 and level 2. Initially, we hope to resolve any complaints you may have by arranging for you to have an informal discussion with an officer of the Council to rectify matters. If this is not successful, you can escalate this to a level 1 complaint in which the Council will send a written response to you within 15 working days of receiving the complaint. If this does not resolve the issue, then you can submit a level 2 complaint, where a more senior Council officer shall send you a written response within 15 working days of receiving the complaint.

Taking your complaint further

If you are still dissatisfied with the Council's response then you have the right to take your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO).

Share this page:

Last updated: