Annual billing FAQs

Our phone lines are currently very busy, and the quickest way to answer any queries about your annual bill may be to check the questions and answers below.

How do I get my £150 energy payment?

This will be made automatically into your bank account if you have an active direct debit set up to pay your council tax. This is the quickest way to get your payment and you can sign up for direct debit online.

If you pay in a different way we will contact you with details on how to apply for a payment - there is no need to get in touch with us.

The discretionary scheme is still to be drafted, and further details will be published as soon as they are available.

For more information about this payment, visit our dedicated page.

How do I know my payment method? / Am I paying by Direct Debit?

Your payment details are shown on the front of the bill, and will look similar to one of the images below.

Direct debit:

Non-direct debit:

What discounts and exemptions do I have?

This is shown on the front page of your bill and will look similar to the image below.

Does my direct debit carry over to the new year?

Yes, if you paid by direct debit last year then this will be set up automatically for the new year too.

Will my standing order carry over to the new year?

No, you will need to set up a new standing order. Details of how to do this are on the back of your bill.

Why am I being charged for my empty property?

There is no discount for empty properties, so you will still have a liability to pay and will receive a bill.

Why isn’t my change of circumstances showing on my bill?

All information was sent to the printers on the 25 February, so any changes that were not processed before then will not appear on your annual bill. As soon as the change is processed you will get a new bill.

Am I still getting my Council Tax Support payment?

You will see this on the front of your bill in the same location as the discounts and exemptions.

Is my disabled band reduction still in place?

Yes, this will show on the front of your bill and will look similar to the image below.

Last updated: Tuesday, 8 March 2022 11:39 am